Importance of Leadership In An Organisation
Leader is an integral part of an organisation. Leadership is a process through which a person influences others in order to attain an objective and directs the organisation to make it solidarity and consistency. It is a quality which builds confidence and zeal among others. A person possessing leadership quality can guide, direct and motivate the work and behaviour of others to attain the specific goals in any situation.
Today, people are progressively recognizing the need and importance of a leader in an organisation. Leadership quality is a potential to influence behavior and attitude of organisational members thereby ensuring to achieve particular goals. It involves having a clear vision and sharing it with others.
Traits of leadership
- Interpersonal process: Leadership is an interpersonal process where a manager or an executive influences the behaviour of team members towards achieving goals.
- Group process: It is a group process involving two or more persons interacting with each other regarding the development of skills, capabilities and growth of organisation.
- Communication: An effective leader must possess good communication skills. Through transmitting ideas and information a leader can coach people in a better way.
- Courage: A person in order to be a leader must be courageous. He or She must put forth their ideas without hesitation. Courage is a key skill for effective leaders.
- Ethical: Ethical leadership involves treating people fairly and in a right manner. A leader has to frame code of ethics and abide by them and take care of everyone’s interests.
Importance of leadership
Today, no organisation can run smoothly without an effective leadership. It is an important function of management to enhance productivity and achieve goals.
The importance of leadership in an organisation can not be knocked back.
- A leader impresses his members in an organised way so that they put their best efforts in the organisation and attain specific goals.
- An effective leader is always accepted by the employees as he takes care of their needs and understands their feelings. Hence, they work with complete dedication.
- Since the subordinates are influenced by the leader, he can implement the required changes at a faster pace for the growth of organisation.
- Under the weight of leaders' influence, the conflicts in the management can be easily resolved.
- Leadership helps in training and development of employees and making them aware of the modern technologies.
- Good leadership builds morale of the subordinates. Rewards and appreciation generates spirit among them to work with zeal.
Leadership motivates people to come out of their comfort zone and attain a higher level of performance. It is a very crucial and critical role. Through leadership, maximization of efforts and results is ensured.